At last! I was able to post another nail art. Since the sponge technique is easy to do, I was able to squeeze it in my hectic schedule. So yeah, if you missed my tutorial about Ombré nails, just click HERE. Enjoy! 🙂
CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE HERE.
Merry Merry Christmas to everyone! Gifts here and there! Speaking of gifts… The people of Caronia Philippines were too generous and gave me samples of their new holiday collection. The collection was released last September 2012, which features 3 mystifying shades that work well with any outfit. Perfect for the Christmas season!
For the sophisticated socialite, there’s Rogue, your basic red in a not-so-usual elegant shade. For those that want to get edgy this holiday season, try Moss -a deep-green shade with a hint of frost. Lastly, for the fashionable girl who wants her nails to match her ever-changing party outfits, Taupe (THIS IS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!) is a great nude shade to complement this season’s hottest colors and trends. (source: Caronia Philippines)
I was never a fan of brownish nail polish that’s why the result of Taupe really surprised me! When it’s just in a bottle, it is not that attractive, but when you start applying it on your nails… Love at first sight! It compliments fair skinned women. See? It has a classic vibe into it! Makes your nails look clean too. Hence, I’m now a fan of brownish nail polish! 🙂 I love it!
You can never tell that a color is good until you tried it on your nails.
On the other hand, I advise you to shake the bottle well before applying it. If you don’t, you’ll get this result. You don’t want to have that don’t you? So shake shake shake!!
The nail polish dries about 15-20 minutes, so hands off to household chores first! 🙂 PATIENCE IS A MUST! (Two coats will do)
Lastly, you don’t need to apply a topcoat since the polish itself is glossy. Great huh?
But if you want to protect your nails, top it off with Caronia Fast-Dry Top Coat.
You could also try the Moss, which has a metallic tinge into it.
Lastly, another must try is the Rouge. You could match it with Moss to have a Christmas vibe. (sorry for the dry skin)
Who wouldn’t love them right?
The Mystic Collection is available in leading supermarkets, department stores and drug stores nationwide!
CLICK HERE to see my Christmas Nail art using the Miss mystic collection. Another Christmas inspired nail art before the year ends. 🙂
THANK YOU CARONIA PHILIPPINES! 🙂
Just a few more hours ’til Christmas! At this time, everyone’s busy cooking/buying their favorite Christmas food for Noche Buena (in the Philippines)! And speaking of food, one that reminds me of Christmas is the Gingerbread man! Since it’s not common here, let’s put it on our nails! 🙂
(Image source: http://www.lindaslearninglinks.com/gingerbreadmansites.html)
I chose the Gingerbread man design since Caronia Philippines gave me samples of their Holiday collection, which I will be reviewing soon. Thank you so much for your generosity.
What you need:
1. Nail Polish (White, Green, Brown/Taupe/Nude, Red, Creme)
2. Dotting tool/Toothpick
3. Cotton Buds
4. Acetone/Nail Polish remover
5. Christmas songs! 🙂
1. Apply your base coat. I used Caronia in Taupe. Two coats will do. LET IT DRY.
2. With your dotting tool/toothpick, apply red (Caronia in Rouge) dots vertically. This will serve as the Gingerbread man’s buttons.
3. To make a ribbon, use your dotting tool/toothpick as well. Apply two green (Caronia in Moss) dots vertically on the upper portion of the nail, leaving a small space in between them. Apply a smaller dot on the space.
5. Make a smiley using you white nail polish and your dotting tool on your pinky finger.
6. With your Creme nail polish, (Caronia in Joy) make an outline using a toothpick/dotting tool. This will highlight the head part. (Sorry for the gold tinge on my cuticle part. I originally used that color for the outline and it didn’t work.)
7. Top coat if you want to protect your design.
8. Voilà! A yummy nail art for the Christmas season!
I hope you liked my tutorial and design. Feel free to share your thoughts about nail art! 🙂
Merry Christmas! God loves you!
A few days ago, I went to Ayala Triangle Makati to witness the Musical Christmas light show. Hence, it inspired me to look for a Christmas lights nail art.
Photo from: Adventures Of A Lady Explorer
I chose this design by Polish and Konad since I bought a gold nail polish last week. Thank you for inspiring me. 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Glittery/Red/Green/White Nail Polish
2. Black acrylic paint
3. FIne nail art brush
4. Top Coat
6. Motor skills! 🙂
1. Apply your base coat with your Glittery nail polish. Two coats would do. LET IT DRY.
Caronia in Golden Sun
2. Using your fine nail art brush, dip the tip into your black acrylic paint.
3. Draw lines. You could do wavy, diagonal or even straight lines. It’s better if you make them look connected to each other. This will serve as the wire of your Christmas lights. (BTW, my lines are too thick.)
OMG crystal sand nail polish in citrine
5. Do the same with your green nail polish (you could use orange/yellow/blue too!).
Caronia in Kiwi
6. Using your brush and a white anil polish, add small lines to the sides of your christmas lights to make it more realistic!
7. Top coat. TADA! And you’re done!
What do you guys think? Comments/suggestions are most welcome!
(I still need practice in using my nail art brushes! Agree?)
Have you read my Let it Snow Nail Art tutorial? If yes, let’s try modifying it by simply adding another nail color! If no, CLICK HERE to see my post about that.
I am talking about this ‘addition’ to my Let it Snow Nail Art! Caronia in Golden Sun caught my eye while I was in Landmark Makati. I just felt the Christmas Vibe when I saw it. Weird huh?
Caronia is one of the popular brands and also the pioneer in the nail care industry here in the Philippines. What’s also interesting is that their products are very AFFORDABLE! I just bought this Nail Polish for only 27Php = 0.66USD. Cheap huh?
TADA! I added a touch of Gold to make it more alive!
(Caronia in Joy for the base, White Satin for the snow and Golden Sun)
What do you think? Thoughts?
Which is better?
Comments/Suggestions are always welcome! 🙂
I tried to recreate what my fellow Filipino blogger did on her Panda Nail Art. Visit her blog here!
This is Rina Alcantara’s work. She’s amazing right? 🙂
And this is my work! I added bamboos since I wanted to have more colors on my nails. What do you think?
Thanks for viewing!