Just a few more hours ’til Christmas! At this time, everyone’s busy cooking/buying their favorite Christmas food for Noche Buena (in the Philippines)! And speaking of food, one that reminds me of Christmas is the Gingerbread man! Since it’s not common here, let’s put it on our nails! 🙂
(Image source: http://www.lindaslearninglinks.com/gingerbreadmansites.html)
I chose the Gingerbread man design since Caronia Philippines gave me samples of their Holiday collection, which I will be reviewing soon. Thank you so much for your generosity.
What you need:
1. Nail Polish (White, Green, Brown/Taupe/Nude, Red, Creme)
2. Dotting tool/Toothpick
3. Cotton Buds
4. Acetone/Nail Polish remover
5. Christmas songs! 🙂
1. Apply your base coat. I used Caronia in Taupe. Two coats will do. LET IT DRY.
2. With your dotting tool/toothpick, apply red (Caronia in Rouge) dots vertically. This will serve as the Gingerbread man’s buttons.
3. To make a ribbon, use your dotting tool/toothpick as well. Apply two green (Caronia in Moss) dots vertically on the upper portion of the nail, leaving a small space in between them. Apply a smaller dot on the space.
5. Make a smiley using you white nail polish and your dotting tool on your pinky finger.
6. With your Creme nail polish, (Caronia in Joy) make an outline using a toothpick/dotting tool. This will highlight the head part. (Sorry for the gold tinge on my cuticle part. I originally used that color for the outline and it didn’t work.)
7. Top coat if you want to protect your design.
8. Voilà! A yummy nail art for the Christmas season!
I hope you liked my tutorial and design. Feel free to share your thoughts about nail art! 🙂
Merry Christmas! God loves you!