“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…”
Since December is just around the corner, I might as well do a Christmas inspired nail art!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Nail Polish (white, natural, glittery, clear)
2. Sponge (kitchen/make up)
5. Cotton Buds
7. Christmas music! 🙂
1. Apply your base coat. I used a frosted/natural shade to match the ‘winter wonderland’ effect. One coat will do.
Caress in Touch of Taupe
2. Apply white nail polish on the sponge. You may create a pattern that resembles a pile of snow. 🙂 (Yes, that’s my pile of snow.)
5. Cut the pointy part of the toothpick. This will serve as your dotting tool.
6. Dip the toothpick in the white nail polish and apply it on your nails. Be random with the size and position of the dots.
7. LET IT DRY. I repeat, LET IT DRY. (Watch TV to kill time.)
8. To achieve a ‘magical/shimmery’ effect, apply your glittery nail polish on the sponge and REPEAT the ‘Sponge technique’, but on a smaller amount. (What I’ve noticed in using the sponge technique, you could use your sticky nail polish. Therefore, old/sticky nail polish wouldn’t be put to waste! 🙂 Great huh?)
Face Shop’s WH003
9. Using your cotton buds dipped in acetone/nail polish remover, remove excess nail polish on your fingers and cuticle.
10. LET IT DRY! (See that shimmery effect? HAHA!)
11. Apply top coat to protect your design. 🙂
12. Tada! LET IT SNOW, LET SNOW, LET IT SNOOOOOOOOOOW!
Please don’t hesitate to post your comments and your work here on my blog. Also, if you have any nail art suggestions, please please tell me. I would do my best to recreate them.