Oh yes I’m back!
Oh yes I’m back!
Christmas is really in the air and we’re now on our “sweater weather” month! Though I wish we have snow and snowflakes here in the Philippines!
(Image source: http://pichost.me/1501805/)
Since we can’t have it on our country, let’s put it on our nails!
Remember what I did on my Ombre Nail Art Tutorial? We’ll do the same, but we’ll be adding snowflakes!
What you need:
1. Nail Polish (Choose colors that are of the same “family” and white. Ex. sky blue, royal blue, navy blue)
2. Nail art Brush (fine tipped)
3. Dotting Tool
4. Sponge (Makeup sponge-for smooth ombre; Kitchen sponge-for gradient)
5. Cotton Buds
1. Do steps 1-8 from my Ombre Nail Art Tutorial. This will serve as your base. (I used Caronia in Blue Chill, Chic in Neon Blue and Revlon in Lilac Pastelle)
2. Let it dry.
3. Using your fine tipped brush, draw the snowflakes. Follow what I’ve drawn below. Since I’ve discovered a new product from Revlon, I used the fine tipped brush from side 2 of Revlon’s Nail Art Expressionist. I’m loving the product! ❤
4. Let it dry.
5. Apply top coat if you want.
Easy right? 🙂
Try it now!
Comments and suggestions are most welcome! 🙂
It has been 8 months since I last blogged about something, and for my “comeback”, I’ll be featuring a new product.
Been wanting your own fine tipped nail art brush, but can’t find one? I have a solution for you!
Say hello to Revlon’s Nail Art Expressionist!
It’s a nail polish that comes with a ‘skinny nail art brush’. Hence, the 2 in 1 product!
Side 1 consists of an ordinary nail polish brush which could be used as a base for your nail art.
Side 2 is the ‘skinny nail art brush’ side.
See the difference? 🙂
If you’re curious about the price, I bought this at Duty Free Philippines for $6.50. So that’s Php284-285.
Aaaand because it’s already December, might as well make a Christmas Nail Art!
Comments and suggestions are most welcome!
Thank you for reading! 🙂
Done reading all the newspaper you have at home?
A newspaper addict?
Taking up journalism and feeling artsy today?
Or just bored?
Why not use the newspaper in your next nail art!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Nail Polish (any neutral color)
2. Top Coat (colorless nail polish)
3. Newspaper (one article would do)
4. Isopropyl alcohol
5. Tiny bowl
(Revlon in 310-Timeless)
2. LET IT DRY. No cheating!
3. Pour alcohol in the bowl, enough to dip your nails.
4. Dip your nail for 10-15 seconds.
5. Quickly press the newspaper to your nail. The harder, the darker the print.
6. For the excess newspaper on your nail, dip it again in the alcohol and rub it GENTLY until the excess newspaper is removed.
7. Do steps 4-6 to the remaining nails.
7. Apply top coat.
(OPI’s Top Coat)
Thanks for viewing, I hope you enjoyed this easy breezy tutorial!
Comments and Suggestions are welcome.
You can send your work too! 🙂
(Image source: www.tiedyehighs.com)
Have you tie dyed your shirts? Shorts? Scarves? Towels? Or even your socks? Why not tie dye your nails! Yes, it’s possible!
What you need:
1. Nail Polish (3 or more colors-choose the bright ones for this Summer)
2. Nail art Brush
4. Electricfan 🙂
5. Cotton Buds
1. Loosen your nail polish caps to facilitate faster work since you need to spread the paint right away. (Since Caronia launched their Expressions Collection, I chose to use them on my Tie Dye tutorial.)
2. Apply your desired colors GENEROUSLY. It could be on a horizontal, vertical or diagonal pattern.
3. Using your nail art brush, carefully spread the paint in the direction that you want. (Sorry for the blurry brush)
4. Do steps 2 and 3 to each nail.
5. LET IT DRY! Your electric fan would be your buddy this time!
6. Clean the excess nail polish using your cotton buds dipped on acetone.
7. Tada! You’re done! Hello Summer-ready nails! 🙂
TRY IT NOW! 🙂
Feel free to comment/suggest!
Thank you for viewing!
Hottah hottah! Can you feel the heat? I’m sure you do ‘coz summer is here! Goodbye classes/work, hello vacation! And when we say vacation, it’s the perfect time to paint our nails! Right? (Yes, I’m talking to the girls! Haha!)
The people form Caronia Philippines launched their latest collection called “Expressions” last March 2013, and they were generous enough to send me samples!
Express yourself through colors this summer with Caronia expressions – an assortment of light and cool colors that you can mix and match.
First off is Rosy Glow, a soft pink shade with just hint of violet for a subtly sexy naughty-or-nice appeal. Then there’s Fresh Mint, a light green polish that makes you look refreshingly cool and sporty. And lastly, there’s Blue Chill in a pale blue shade for that mysterious yet classy look.
“We believe that we can use colors to express our moods and personalities. It’s not always about what’s good for your skin tone, or if it matches your outfit for the day. Sometimes, it’s also fun to step out of your comfort zone once in a while and try a new shade on. You just might be surprised how well it suits you,” says Olive Bolico, Caronia Brand Manager.
Since it’s my rest day today, I tried them all! My personal favorite is the Fresh Mint! See? It has a happy vibe into it. Makes your nails look yummy too!
Here’s the Rosy Glow, which I recommend for the “girly girls” out there since it has a Barbie-ish feel. Agree?
Lastly it the Blue Chill. The title says it all, it gives you a cool/frosty feel, perfect for this season! (I recommend that you apply 3 coats. I applied 2 coats here that’s why there are still “uneven shades”)
So what are you waiting for? Let’s MIX AND MATCH those colors! TRY THEM NOW THIS SUMMER before you head to the beach! To make it more exciting, paint your nails with your best bud!
For more selections of Caronia Nail Polish shades, visit their website at http://www.caronia.com.ph. You may also follow them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CaroniaPhilippines and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/CaroniaPH for nail care tips, product updates, fashion tips, plus a chance to win prizes in their contests and promos.
Yes, it’s been a month since I posted something. Boo! I miss doing my nails every single day. Oh well, I promise to post at least once a month. This is to keep me entertained as well. 🙂
Voila! I present my Valentine’s Day inspired nails.
SPREAD THE LOVE. CHEERS!
(OPI’s White Base and Revlon’s Fire Fox)
Share your Valentine’s Day inspired nails as well! 🙂
P.S. I will TRY to make a tutorial about my Kisses Nail Art.